ON PROTECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Under Article 19 "Data Controller’s Obligation to Inform" of the Law on Protection of Personal Data ("LPPD") numbered 6698, Yunus Emre Foundation, as the data controller, is required to inform users how personal data are processed and for what purposes, to whom the processed data can be transferred and for what purposes, the method of and legal reason for the collection of personal data, and questions personal data owners may ask of the data controller. The data controller is also obliged to inform user of their rights granted under Article 11 of the LPPD.
This Informative Text aims to provide information to data owners in the context of the LPPD and other relevant legislation.
Identity of Data Controller
Data Controller: Yunus Emre Foundation operating at Anafartalar Mahallesi, Atatürk Bulvarı, No. 11, Altındağ, Ankara.
Purpose of Processing of Personal Data
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- To conduct promotional activities so that our stakeholders and target groups can benefit from the services in the Foundation's areas of activity;
- To provide information about possible changes in our areas of activity and events;
- To conduct assessment and analysis about our stakeholders and target groups within legal boundaries;
- To perform studies and analysis, including surveys, to make measurements about the events conducted in cooperation with our stakeholders as well as the level of satisfaction of target groups from the events;
- To draft and update reports of efficiency by obtaining information about developments regarding stakeholders and target groups in the services provided;
- To find solutions to service-related complaints by stakeholders and target groups participating in our events and process their data access or correction requests;
- To follow up and implement legal processes and communication with other public bodies;
- To identify and implement the Foundation's business strategies;
- To plan information security and create and manage IT infrastructure;
- To conduct relationships between the Foundation and stakeholders and target groups, and follow up institutional management activities; and
- To conduct financial, accounting and fiscal transactions, including invoicing, related to areas of activity of the Foundation and perform risk management.
Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
To fulfill the above-mentioned purposes, your personal data may be shared with or transferred to the organizations from which Yunus Emre Foundation receives services directly or indirectly, logistics firms, event organization firms, digital agencies, call center service providers, auditing companies, banks , financial institutions, legal, taxing, and other consultancy firms, insurance companies, local storage, archiving and IT technology support firms (server, hosting, programs, cloud, and IT), third parties providing security, call center, sales and marketing services, legally authorized public institutions and private persons and organizations in compliance with the data processing conditions and purposes set forth in Articles 8 and 9 of the LPPD.
Method and Legal Cause of Collection of Personal Data
Your personal data are collected by Yunus Emre Foundation through various means including application forms, website membership and message forms, website e-bulletin registration forms, cookies, and job application forms based on the relevant websites and various legal causes to ensure performance of Yunus Emre Foundation's activities, fulfill the purposes listed in this Informative Text and comply with legal requirements in accordance with the provisions of the LPPD and other relevant legislation.
Access to Personal Data and your Rights under the LPPD
As per Article 11 of the LPPD, you are entitled to ask Yunus Emre Foundation if your personal data are processed and request information if they are processed, learn about the purpose with which your personal data are processed and whether they are used properly, find out the local third parties to which your personal data are transferred, request correction if your personal data are processed in a defective or incorrect manner and request that such correction be notified to third parties to which your personal data are transferred, demand the deletion or destruction of your personal data when the reasons for the processing of your personal data no longer apply in line with the principles of purpose, duration and legitimacy and request that the relevant third parties are informed about the action, raise objection to any negative consequence of automatic processing of your personal data, and request compensation if your personal data are processed unlawfully and for the damages you may suffer as a result of such processing. In this context, you may send your requests related to your rights above with an electronically signed e-mail to email@example.com or you may personally file a petition with your signature and identity documents or send it via a notary public.
Yunus Emre Foundation will conclude your requests related to your rights as soon as possible considering the nature of the request and within 30 (thirty) days at the latest. If you withdraw your express consent to the processing of your personal data, please note that you will be removed from the membership/loyalty programs which require processing of your data based on express consent and you will no longer be able to benefit from the related advantages from the date in question.
You have to deliver personally, by mail or via a notary public your applications including your open and clear request and accompanied with the documents related to your identity and address to Anafartalar Mahallesi, Atatürk Bulvarı, No. 11, Altındağ, Ankara.
You may look for changes to the personal data legislation and our practices from the relevant page of our website.